Building Inspiring Spaces
Alban City Construction prides itself in creating an outstanding product at a competitive price. This is largely due to our ability of performing a all of your work, such as concrete form-work, steel placement, carpentry, plastering, electrics, plumbing & much much more with our own forces. By self-performing tasks ACC can better control quality, costs, and schedules.
Under design/build, the Owner enters into a contract with ACC, who then employs the architect as a consultant. This teaming approach provides design and building capabilities through a single source from the project’s inception. Through pre-construction services and design development, a guaranteed maximum price is agreed upon. The overall project delivery is expedited as constructability reviews overlap with design providing all parties with a streamlined approach to the project.
When it comes to professional and high-quality fit out and construction services, we are unparalleled. Our track record reveals broader experience across a wider range of sectors, geographies and projects than any other provider in the market.
For decades Alban City Construction have delivered environments vital to our clients’ style & taste.
Create extra living space in your home by converting your unused loft space into an extra bedroom, bathroom or home office.
If you live in a house with an unused loft, a conversion could be the most cost effective way to add extra space. Loft rooms are suitable for almost any purpose, from bedrooms and bathrooms to a home office or playroom, gym or home cinema.
A loft conversion to your property can add anything from 15 to 20% value to your home, as well as creating additional living space for your family without the loss of valuable garden space.
During our first appointment Alban City Construction will discuss your requirements and help you establish the best way to maximise your loft space. Through careful design and planning we will advise you on how to create a light-filled space with plenty of character.
Some helpful tips to help you get started:
- Even if there doesn’t seem to be much space to convert your loft, there is usually scope to move the roof timbers or water tanks and to increase the volume by adding dormer windows or changing the shape of the roof.
- If your loft is built using modern trusses, with a web of thin timbers, it can still be altered to create a useable space.
- Planning permission often isn’t required, as long as the design falls within the rules for Permitted Development, but all work must comply with the Building Regulations. ACC will ensure all work is inspected and approved.
- There are no rules on space or ceiling height for a loft conversion, other than for staircases, which need minimum clear headroom of 2.0m (1.8m at the edge) to meet the Building Regulations.
- The minimum practical ceiling height for a loft room is 2.0m.
- There are many types of different loft conversions and ACC will help you choose the right one for your home. See our Glossary for more information or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to give us a call.
Every loft conversion in the UK we complete is tailor-made to customer’s specific needs, so all your requirements will be discussed in detail when you meet with a Alban City Construction surveyor – and if you only wish to use our construction team, then this is A-OK!.
You will have a direct contract with us this allows us to effectively manage the whole process.
Complete Renovation Services
Our People, Processes and Partners are what help us stand out from the competition – and the reason why Hertfordshire has trusted their homes with our team for over 7 years. We specialise in residential construction and renovation projects, helping you to change your home, add to it, or renovate to increase property value and attract buyers when the time comes to sell. We stand behind the high-quality materials and top-notch craftsmanship that we put into the homes we renovate and build and we believe a job is never complete until you realise your dream home!
At ACC, we believe that a house is only a home when you’ve added a personal touch. That’s why we will listen to your specific needs and desires, ensuring that the results are of the highest quality. Our team will help ensure the building renovation, refurbishment and restorative project is finished to your exact requirements.
Renovation can be a extensive and time consuming project. However, our team are committed to extensively planning any work prior to entering the build phase to ensure that expectations, budgets and timescales are achieved.
Our renovation and building services focus on quality and attention to detail. By being able to offer multi trades, Alban City Construction provide a holistic solution to make the most out of your property’s best features.
Every project is different, but what remains the same is that we understand how essential customer service and attention to detail really is. This ensures each and every job we begin receives our utmost attention, every step of the way.
The majority of our work is from referrals from existing clients. Our website will give you an indication of the type of work we carry out, but if you have any additional questions please get in touch, we will always make time to speak to you or make a personal visit to see how we can help.
With a wide range of basement services available, we can take you through the whole planning and design process, excavation through to construction of the shell and waterproofing all the way through to fit-out and completion. We offer a complete basement conversion service.
Alban City Construction truly believe in a personal service and working with the client face to face. Our success to date has been completely organic with most new business coming from word of mouth.
Are you sceptical about the potential of your home’s basement? In older homes especially, low headroom, poor natural light, and a lingering dampness may have rendered your basement a “no-go” zone. Homeowners all throughout the Hertfordshire area have to deal with so many headaches and problems in the basement, they often give up and abandon the space to storage. Foundation cracks, water leaks, poor insulation, high humidity, even mould growth and insect infestations are just some of the common problems we come across. Even in new build homes, the layout of the basement may not seem practical for your needs.
At Alban City Construction, we understand your family’s needs for a basement renovation. We listen to what you’re trying to achieve and work within your budget to bring your basement renovation dreams to life. No matter how cramped, damp, or unlivable your current basement, we have the expertise to plan and execute a stunning custom basement renovation that transforms the form and function of the space.
At our initial meeting, we’ll have a chance to discuss any and all of your questions and concerns, including:
• What will my basement renovation cost?
• How long will my basement reno take?
• Who will manage the project?
• How will basement finishing add to the value of my home?
• How can I choose the best design options, finishes, and materials?
• How can I find the most experienced and qualified contractor?
No matter what questions you have, we are here to help you and work together to create the basement of your dreams.
Expand your horizons with a panoramic tiled roof home extension.
- Need more space? Don’t move, improve your home with a bigger kitchen or an extra sitting room, dining room, play room, home office or even bedroom which can be enjoyed 365 days a year.
- Alban City Constructions Extensions are completely bespoke and stunningly affordable – your new living space will be tailored to any budget and individually designed to match the style of your home. We’ll work with you to decide on the size, shape, windows, doors.
- You can trust us to complete the build, plastering, first fix electrics and floor screed ready for you to apply your own all important finishing touches.
How much do Extensions cost?
The question everyone wants to know the answer to but often struggle to find any prices or quotes online.
- Every house is different and your new extension could be subject to planning regulations, so one of our experienced design consultants will need to come and assess your property to work out what’s best for you and your house.
- We’ll provide you with a competitive no obligation bespoke free quote valid for 6 months. So there’s no need to wait, book an appointment today to fix your price!
Many of us have thought about extending our homes – whether it’s just adding a small conservatory to the back of your house, or building a multi-storey extension that brings a number of new rooms to your home. With property prices as they are, an extension can even be a financially sensible choice over and above moving to a bigger home.
However, many homeowners are put off by the potential stress involved in such a large home-improvement project. Do I need planning permission? Or an architect? Which tradespeople should I use? At ACC, we think building an extension should be as easy and stress-free as possible. That’s why, with our home-extension service, we take care of everything from planning permission and technical drawings to those last few finishing touches – so the only thing left to worry about is what to do with all that extra space.
Kitchens & Bathrooms
Alban City Construction specialise in full bathroom and kitchen installations carrying out all the works within our small group of trades men and women. This means we can remove and install your new room carrying out all the works ourselves saving you money and making us very efficient whist ensuring all the work is to the highest standard.
- Tiling (all aspects of wall and floor tiling)
- General building works
- Wet rooms
- Extraction systems
- Vinyl flooring
- Lighting and lighting designs
- Disabled adaption bathroom conversions and alterations
We understand that bathrooms should be a place to relax, wind down and pamper yourself as well as coping with the high levels of traffic using it on a daily basis. Our priority is to create a heavenly sanctuary just for you, which will be tailored to your every need.
We deal with the full installation process from start to finish, which includes replacing the existing units with the new ones, fitting sinks and kitchen cupboards, wiring up appliances and disposing of all debris so it doesn’t clutter up your home. The entire installation process is dealt by us from start to finish with minimal disruption to you and your family.
Fitting a new kitchen is a tricky job! There’s a lot that can go wrong, especially when it comes to wiring built-in electrical appliances and connecting up new sinks. Don’t risk doing it yourself – our team of fully qualified kitchen fitters have years of experience that you can trust. We take care of the process from start to finish and source the specialist kitchen fitters you need, so you don’t have to.
We know that the kitchen is the heart of the home, which is why we work as efficiently as possible to minimise the disruption to you and your family. Our kitchen fitting service is quick and we aim to complete all kitchen fittings within four to six weeks. For peace of mind, all of our work is guaranteed. So, if you have any problems, we’re on hand to fix them straight away.
Here at Alban City Construction we excel at the impossible, have you have teams of “construction experts” to come and see your dream project to only be either ignored or laughed at? We have tasked and completed many of these projects, we thrive in the world of the unknown and strive to exceed your goals and dreams!